8 years and running, it's one of the original pitch events in NY tech. Toughest pitching in NYC from presentation, to Q&A, to delivery. Making entrepreneurs better from content to delivery. You can watch or you can participate by submitting to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is the original pitch event in New York. It kicked off the fast paced 5 minute pitch with 5 minute Q&A looking at the start of early companies in the tech community. It was the first to make knowledge and investors accessible to everyone.
What to Expect
The Hatchery opens it doors to a fast paced New York Style event focused squarely on early stage startups, with an idea, presentation deck and the motivation to succeed. Be prepared for Hatchery style honesty. Entrepreneurs need to hear and receive constructive criticism so they can advance down their path. There will be comments on everything from marketing, finance, technology, business, presentation skills, sales …. This interaction is part and parcel of the Hatchery’s Dry Run process for those companies selected to run the Gauntlet. It is now being open to everyone. Are You Serious will teach presenters how to improve their presentation. In order for this to be beneficial, presenters must be open, ready and willing to accept the criticism and scoring, and work to better themselves as a result. Audience members are advised to watch closely and take notes….they may be next. The Audience includes approximately 100 peers and kicks off with a 30 minute reception so people can feel more at ease and get to know who they are speaking with and ultimately who they will presenting to. The timetable for the event is straightforward: 30 minute reception 60 minutes of presentations and critique 5 presenters 30 minutes: A Lesson, An Investor Panel
“Tell me and I will forget, show me and I will remember, involve me and I will understand!”
What folks think
About 8 years of events with tons of testimonials, this is one of the earliest pitch events in the New York tech scene teaching how it’s done.
Presenters: The Powerpoint
Please include the following in your presentation deck (not necessarily in this order):
- your team
- what your product/service does
- what issue/pain is it looking to solve/address
- what is the solution
- what is the addressable market
- what is the competitive landscape
- any current customer/client/pilot pipeline & go to market strategy
- what is the revenue stream/source
- what are your financial projections
- how much are you looking for in investment
- what will you do with the money, how will it be spent
If you would like to pitch, send materials in advance
- We need powerpoint and executive summary
- Deadline is 1 week before the event
- File naming: company name (1 word), underscore, deck or summary
ex. abcco_deck.ppt, abcco_summary.doc - put both documents in 1 email. do not send separately.
- If you are not selected, you will be qued for a future event.
- If you are selected, we will send you an email to notify you.
- On the day of the event, sign up at the desk for the order. It is first come, first present.
- The Monday before the LIVE event there is an optional dry run available at Hatchery offices to work on content and delivery. It helps.
Please prepare by practicing for a 5 minute presentation following the presentation guidelines.